Run for fun #5: I never stop learning about running and what it means to me
In the 4 weeks that we spent in Estonia, I ran a total of 166 km. Considering that I usually run around 100-130km a month, it’s quite a good number :)
Even though I have been running for 3 years now (I started running because MrB signed me up for it in 2010 and I had to take up running as not to die in front of a large audience), I am still constantly learning new things about running and why I choose to still have it in my life.
During my marathon 166 km holiday-month I learned that :
- My body is very much capable of running on most days of the week but – my mind gets a bit bored with that.
- I actually really just like to run 2-3 times a week because that’s when running is a “treat”, something that I really look forward to and enjoy.
- Blisters don’t mean a thing, they just need to be taped up before a run and they won’t bother me a bit.
- I am able to run in the evenings. I just have to watch what I eat very carefully (no sugar/yeast/gluten and not much fruit is the best), otherwise I will have to find a loo after 10km :|
- I really do love my sugar-free and limited gluten kind of existence. My body’s much happier like that (whether I’m running or not), and my mind is definitely a lot happier like that.
- I still love running as much as I did when I first started.
As usual, linky below – to link up all your latest running/fitness related posts – just because sharing the motivation / struggles / tips is a good thing!
Code for the button:
<a href=”http://www.crankymonkeys.com/blog/category/runforfun/” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.crankymonkeys.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/runforfunlogo.jpg”></a>