Living amongst the mutant race
I think the British are some kind of a mutant superior race when it comes to handling freezing temperatures.
It’s been hovering around 0°C for the past week or two and this is what I see on the streets:
- At least half of the people don’t wear hats
- 90% of women wear the same shoes they would wear in the summer – ballet flats, etc.
- 100% of men wear the same shoes they would wear in the summer
- Teenagers do not wear coats
- Teenagers do not wear scarves or god forbid – hats
- An occasional adult walks by wearing a skirt and BARE legs
- An occasional adult walks by wearing flip flops
The mind boggles.
Thank goodness babies seem to be dressed appropriately at this time of the year. A month ago most of them didn’t wear hats…
So what is it that makes the British resistant to cold? Can’t they feel it at all? Even the skinny ones??
The überstylish (Mostly) Yummy Mummy provided proof to my Mutant Race Theory in the afternoon:
Strong stuff, these locals :D